Zolitayre Ltd - Environmental Policy
Zolitayre Ltd recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same. The welfare of our environment is at the heart of our ethos.
The Managing Director is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We endeavour to:
- Comply with, and exceed where possible, all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Foster employee awareness with training as required.
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper and packaging where possible.
- We will use recyclable products for gift wrapping and seasonal cards.
Energy and water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy & water used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will regularly evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessary trips only.
- We will promote the use of public transport, bicycles and walking instead of driving wherever possible.
- We will promote the use of alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- We will favour ‘green' vehicles whenever possible and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
Maintenance and cleaning
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will minimise waste to the best of our ability.
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
Environmentally responsible promotional products
- We will promote environmentally friendly promotional options for customers wherever possible.
- We will encourage reusable products over single-use options wherever possible.
- We will seek to use environmentally friendly and sustainable promotional products in our own marketing and promotions.
- We will continue to research innovations in environmentally friendly promotional products and encourage their use.
Monitoring and improvement
- We will comply with, and exceed if possible, all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continually monitor and strive to improve environmental performance.
- We will continually strive to reduce environmental impacts.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will increase employee awareness through relevant training.
- We will review this policy and any related business issues at our monthly management meetings.
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- We will provide staff with relevant environmental training.
- We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- We will participate in tree-planting initiatives to support the environment and promote sustainability.
- We will donate unwanted samples and products to relevant local charities.
- We will support local charities through donations, preferential prices and any other means possible.
- We will use local labour, materials and services wherever available to reduce CO2 and help the local community.
Last Reviewed : 31/01/20
Next Review : 31/01/21